INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We control information we have collected about you that is relevant to your account. This includes:
- Your purchasing habits with us
- To verify your identity and that you are least 18 years of age (we cannot sell any goods to you if you are below 18 years of age).
The information we gather on our site falls into two categories: (1) personal information you supply when you become a member, order, complete a survey, post in a discussion forum, post news articles, or provide your email address, and (2) tracking information collected as you navigate through our site.
1. Personally identifiable information. To use certain features on our site, we ask you to become a registered user. When you do this, we collect personally identifiable information about you such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, user name and password. We may ask you for personal information when you place an order for products or complete a survey. We use this information to process your order, your request or to help improve our site. When personally identifiable information is collected, you will know because you will have to fill out a form.
2. Aggregate information. When you use our site, we may collect tracking information such as your browser type, the type of operating system you use, the domain name of your Internet service provider, and pages visited on the site. None of this information identifies you personally; we collect it for aggregate reporting on site activity.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
1. Marketing. We may contact you with promotions we think might interest you, as part of our market research, either by mail, telephone or e-mail.
2. Third Party Marketing. We may share your details with third parties whose offers we think might interest you, either directly or through a data co-operative. The personal information you provide may also be used for the purposes of: identity verification, credit and risk management, revenue collection, database verification and enhancement. Data co-operatives are companies whose members contribute information about their consumers in exchange for information about other consumers that may be interested in their products.
3. Telephone Calls. We randomly monitor and record your calls. This helps to ensure that we provide you with the highest level of service and maintain quality standards. We may also pass information about you to agents, service providers and employees to carry out services. In the course of providing such services, we may transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area. We will employ appropriate security measures to protect your personal information where this is the case.
HOW YOU CAN CORRECT YOUR INFORMATION
To update the information retained about you, please log in.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
If you want to review or amend your personal details, including your billing and delivery address, this can be reviewed within the My Account section of the website under the Personal Details section.
If you do not want us to use your information for third party marketing purposes, or if you wish to adjust any other preferences please contact us at the address detailed in the “how to contact us” section below. In selecting to opt out of third party activity we will ensure all channels of communication, post, email, telephone and SMS (text), are opted out.
UNSUBSCRIBING FROM OUR CATALOGUES
Pure Collection send catalogues and promotions by post from time to time, you can opt out of these by emailing your full name and address to email@example.com Please note that catalogues are printed in advance therefore it can take up to 6 weeks for mailings to cease.
OPTING OUT OF ALL THIRD PARTY DIRECT MAIL ADVERTISING
The most effective way to receive less advertising mail at home is to use the Direct Marketing Association’s (DMA’s) Mailing Preference Service. Through this service, you can choose to stop all future direct mail entirely. All of our third party companies are registered as a DMA member, as members they subscribe to and suppress any name and address on the DMA’s Mailing Preference Service file from its direct mail marketing lists. The simplest way to register is online at www.mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/ or call 0845 703 4599 to request an application form.
We use 'cookies' to store and sometimes to track user information. A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive.
Cookies do not tell us e-mail address or other personally identifiable information.
You won't be able to order from our site if you don't accept cookies because products will not be stored in your shopping bag.
We use technologies such as cookies to:
- To store and remember what products are in your online shopping bag.
- Analyse visitor behaviour (known as 'analytics') so we can improve our website.
- Ensure any messages, such as a Surveys Invitation, are only shown once per session.
- To track people across websites and deliver targeted product recommendations.
- To remember if you are UK or USA site customer so we can automatically send you to the most suitable site.
For more information about cookies and instructions on how to manage or disable cookies see http://www.allaboutcookies.org
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
We currently use third party cookies to allow us to track visitor behaviour and offer certain website services.
If you would like to disable 'third party' cookies, you can turn them off by going to the third party's website and getting them to generate a one-time 'no thanks' cookie that will stop any further cookies being written to your machine. Below are links to the third parties we use:
Google Analytics (for analysing visitor behaviour): http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/#toc-analytics
Doubleclick (advertising network): http://www.google.co.uk/doubleclick/
Peerius (to deliver targeted product recommendations 'alternatives' on product page) http://www.peerius.com
Sub2 (for analysing visitor behaviour and personalisation) http://www.sub2tech.com/
Criteo (advertising network) http://www.criteo.com/
PadiAct (email sign up forms) http://padiact.com/
CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
When you enter our checkout you are taken to a secure page. You can verify the security of your connection to our checkout. When the connection is secure, you will see a closed padlock symbol either besides the url input window at the top of your browser window, or at the bottom of your browser window.
We hold a SSL certificate from Comodo (an established certification authority: www.comodo.com ).
Our payment page is hosted by a leading payment provider Verifone (www.verifone.co.uk).
SECURITY & PASSWORDS
We maintain a secure process to collect, transmit and store your personally identifiable information. When you provide credit card information, we use secure socket layer (SSL) encryption to protect it.
We urge you to keep your password in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also remember to log out and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This ensures that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place such as a library or Internet cafe.
OUR EMAIL POLICIES
We will ask for your email address and/or mobile telephone number so that we can send you an email confirming your order and so that we may send you additional marketing information through emails and SMS. If you currently receive eNewsletters and no longer wish to receive them, you can follow the 'unsubscribe' link located near the bottom of each eNewsletter.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Address: Pure Collection Ltd, Mowbray House, Mowbray Square, Harrogate, HG1 5AU, England.
Phone: 0344 848 1030 Phone calls may be recorded for training purposes
Registered under the UK Data Protection Act (1998) Registration No: Z7710650.